Hansford County Hospital District is dedicated to improving the health and well-being of individuals and families in the communities we serve. We provide high-quality, personalized care in state-of-the art facilities to the residents of Hansford County and surrounding areas.
Hansford County Hospital District has proudly served Hansford County and surrounding communities since 1961. HCHD operates as a Critical Access Hospital, a Rural Health Clinic, and a Level IV Trauma Center, allowing us to better meet the health care needs of the rural community we call home. From outpatient care to long-term care, HCHD provides compassionate, high-quality services to residents of all ages.
Hansford County Hospital District is governed by an appointed board of directors.
Jonathan Bailey, chief executive officer
- Jonathan Bailey has served as CEO of Hansford County Hospital District since 2010. A Perryton native, Bailey earned a bachelor’s degree in 2003 from The University of Texas Medical Center and master’s degree in Healthcare Administration from the University of Texas at Arlington. Bailey previously served as HCHD’s lab director, and he worked as a lab manager for Baylor Regional in Grapevine and Children’s Medical in Dallas. Bailey serves on the board of directors of the Texas Organization of Rural and Community Hospitals.
Mark Garnett, DO, FAAFP, medical director
- Dr. Garnett has cared for HCHD patients since 2001. A Spearman native, Dr. Garnett is a graduate of the Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah and University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine in Kanas City, Missouri. He completed a residency in family practice in Casper, Wyoming. Dr. Garnett is board-certified in family practice and is a fellow of the American Academy of Family Practice. He is fluent in Spanish and English.
Blythe Boyd, RN, BSN, chief nursing officer
- Blythe Boyd has served as HCHD’s chief nursing officer since 2011. A Hansford County native raised in Gruver, Boyd earned her Bachelors of Science in nursing degree in 2009 from Oklahoma Christian University in Edmond. Boyd has served in numerous roles in the district dating back to a certified nursing assistant in the nursing home when she was in high school. She also worked as a critical care nurse in the ICU at SouthCrest in Tulsa, OK before she and her husband moved back home to be close to family. Blythe currently serves on the board of directors for the Regional Advisory Council and is chair of the RAC’s Hospital Care Committee.
Kevin Beedy, chief financial officer
- Kevin Beedy has served as CFO of Hansford County Hospital District since 2016. A Spearman native, Beedy earned his Bachelor of Business Administration in accounting from Abilene Christian University in 2007 and a Master of Accountancy from ACU in 2008. Beedy has been a registered CPA since 2011.
Marsha Jarrell, administrator, Hansford Manor
- Marsha Jarrell has served as administrator of Hansford Manor since 2015. Born and raised in Oklahoma, she moved to Perryton after getting married. She attended Butler County Community College in El Dorado, Kansas, on a music scholarship and earned a bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration from America International University. Marsha has worked in healthcare for more than 25 years and as a nursing home administrator for 15 years.
Liz Hartsell, director of nursing, Hansford Manor
- Liz Hartsell began her career with Hansford County Hospital District in 1989 as nurse aide at Hansford Manor. Hartsell worked as a Certified Nurse Aide while attending Frank Phillips College to get her certification in vocational nursing in 1990. After receiving her LVN, Hartsell worked as a charge nurse while obtaining her RN degree from Seward County Community College in Liberal, Kansas. After becoming an RN, Hartsell worked as the RN Supervisor, MDS Coordinator and Assistant Director of Nursing before becoming the Director of Nursing Services in 2010.