Post-Hospitalization Recovery (Swing Bed Program)
Hansford County Hospital District is able to meet the acute care needs of our community by providing hospital-based, skilled nursing facility care. This is short-stay, extensive rehabilitation following a hospitalization to restore previous levels of function as quickly as possible.
The Swing Bed Program is for patients who no longer need acute hospital care yet may not be strong enough to return home. This program is best and recommended for patients whose goal is to return home.
Eligibility Requirements for the Swing Bed Program:
- Swing Bed care must be related to an acute hospital stay.
- The doctor has to determine a need for daily skilled care.
- Patient is willing to participate in daily therapy sessions and skilled care.
- A patient must have been hospitalized as an “Acute Care Inpatient” (not an Observation Patient) for a minimum of 3 consecutive midnights within the last 30 days.
- Admissions can come from any hospital, including HCHD, after 3 consecutive midnights as an inpatient in acute care.
- Patient has Medicare Part A or other insurance with hospital-based, skilled care benefits and days available for skilled level care.
707 Roland St.
Spearman, TX 79081
FAMILY MEDICAL CLINIC HOURS
|Monday – Friday||8:00 – 5:00|
|Saturday||9:00 – 5:00|
|Sunday||11:00 – 4:00|